Designation SQL Database SME
Function Infrastructure Implementation
Good communication skills - Customerinteractions. Should have End to end IT infra & Business
application understanding. Should haverelevant experience & should be proficient and skilled in
the skills like Database designing,installation, administration and troubleshooting
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· 10 to 15+ years of relevant experience asa Database administrator for MS SQL, MY SQL &
· Configure and maintain database serversand processes, including monitoring of system health
and performance, to ensure high levels ofperformance, availability, and security.
· Install and configure new SQL Servers
· Experience with backups, restores andrecovery models
· Experience of High Availability (HA) andDisaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL & Oracle Servers
· Good communication and documentationskills.
· Knowledge of Windows clusteringtechnology
· Experience DB cluster implementation andconfiguration
· Hands on experience in high availabilityand redundancy options, Database mirroring,
· Monitor system's health and performance
· Tuning T-SQL queries to improveperformance
· Ensure that new database meetsorganization standards for readability, reliability, and
· Experience of maintaining and supportingDB server
· Expertise in Database Administration onProduction Servers with server configuration,
monitoring, performance tuning andmaintenance with outstanding troubleshooting
· Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQLServer related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other
· Knowledge of Oracle database technology
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Conduct design workshop & preparationof design in line with solution requirement
· Preparation of unit test cases for thesolution acceptance.
· Assure that the most appropriate ITpractices measures are in place
· Proactively highlight the risks & itsmitigations to senior mgmt.