• We prefer a diverse IT background with proven development experience (in study and/or previous roles) and an active interest in technology and programming.
• Primary Technical skills:
o Web technology and/or API development, in one (or preferably more) of .Net (C#); Python; Java ecosystem. An advantage would be concrete experience of MVC and REST API frameworks for orchestrating web applications with browser-based clients and other systems.
o Experience working with 1 or more industry standard RDBMS (Oracle / PostgreSQL / Sybase / MS SQL Server).
o Exposure and experience with Front-end web UI technologies or frameworks (React; Angular; etc).
o A good understanding of *Nix and/or Windows operating systems (preferably both).
o An understanding of data markup and transport languages and protocols (XML; JSON; REST; etc).
o Experience and/or understanding of regular expressions.
o Exposure to IT Security and Application Development best practice would be a distinct advantage.
o Experience with IT Development and collaboration tools (Git/Bitbucket; Jira; Confluence; etc).
• A willingness to work in different technology stacks with the ability to switch between them when required.
• Enthusiastic willingness to rapidly and independently learn and develop technical and soft skills as needs require.
• The ability to organise your time and your tasks in the face of competing priorities.
• A willingness to provide occasional weekend or after-hours support or cover as needs require.
• Work as a member of the TMC team within the MSS IT organisation. In this capacity, interface with support and development teams across all asset classes, engaged in a hybrid role with primarily development and engineering responsibilities along with the need to support our systems and customers.
• Work on development, scripting and configuration to enhance, improve and add to the TMC application suite – learning and growing in your experience as required. The in-house code is in a combination of Python; C# (.Net); React; Java; Perl; Unix Shell script; Powershell; and Oracle PL/SQL.
• Work with releases through automated CI/CD pipelines, learning to maintain and update this configuration as required.
• Work dependably and efficiently with the ability to balance support (business as usual) activity against the needs of development and project work – growing your technology skill set where required.
• Proficiency in verbal, listening and written English is a prerequisite for the role.
• Strive for continuous improvement in the supported services and technology as well as self-development.